Saturday, January 15, 2011

then all peoples on earth will be blessed through you

Yes, I need to look at myself - and oh, I have, and do, over and over
But also beyond myself - though sometimes, I just want to stay in my safe bubble - why be safe if you are living without knowing how numbered the days are?

I am put on earth to benefit other people   - this could be on large and small scales

Have my prayers been please to relieve my neediness instead of how I can follow God's will?

Have I been praying, truly praying?

Surrender what is not necessary to rediscover God's purposes for life.   Get needs met in healthy ways.  Be free after surrender to care about others.

Based on Day 4 from Jan Johnson's Surrendering Hunger


Today, I went to a scrapbook event and the kids were with a babysitter.  I was not ready to scrapbook, but had my Grandma's bread pudding and lemon sauce ready to go.   So, I brought thank you notes that needed writing, projects to finish, studying to do.  All the food was delicious, but more than that, the conversation was delicious.  It was uninterrupted.  It was talking for 30 minutes or more without worrying that nothing was getting finished.   It was fellowship and met needs - both for me and those with whom I conversed.

I surrendered to the moment, to the conversations and it was great to care about others.

So much of life as a mother is caring for others, that it's easy to forget to care about them and be a student of their needs.   Tonight, I surrender myself to enjoyment of my family.   To fellowship with them with the same emotion and interest as I did with the women that fed me earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment